“Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world”
Seems like Novelist Paulo Coelho and our Honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi were in secret talks as Prime Minister proposes “Hackathon” to provide a platform to Youth of the nation, where they can express their creative potential to build “New India”.
Hackathon” is an event where creativity, energy and innovation come together to run and hack the formula of growth. The destination of this Hackathon is “Ultimate solution”
In simple words, Hackathon is an opportunity provided to college going students to participate in problem solving majorly related to technical and programming fields of different departments like:
1. Ministry of Road and Transport Highway
2. Department of Defence and Production
3. Ministry of Railways
4. Ministry of Human Resource Development
5. External Affairs
6. Postal Services, Indian Space Research Organisation, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights etc.
For the concerns like :
1. Waste Management
2. Robotics and Drones
3. Food Technology
4. Healthcare and Biomedical devices
5. Agriculture and Rural development
6. Smart Vehicle
7. Smart communications
8. Marine Animal Tagging
Platform to this innovative competition is MyGov.in and the funding agencies are government owned The National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM), i4c (Non-profit organisation) along with Corporate partners. Cash prize for winners ranges from 1 lakh to 50k. Beside this, NASSCOM along with funding agencies like All Indian Council for Technical Education, Department of Science and Technology, Direct Benefit Transfer and Indian Council of Medical Research selects best ideas and support them to covert into start ups with the aim of positive economic growth with right underpinnings.
Last year 7531 idea solutions were received from 2100 plus technical institutions in India. And cash prizes of 50lakhs were distributed. This year India is expecting greater numbers. Though the registration is now closed for Smart India Hackathon 2019 and the last date was 20th Jan 2019, the purpose of this page is to motivate the young masses to get prepared for next.
Essentials of Smart India Hackathon :
* You should be student of management or Engineering college approved by AICTE
* You need to form team of minimum 6 members including atleast one female.
* All the members in a team should be from same college though can be of different branches.
* Each group should have a team leader and it is recommended for the members to be well versed with programming skills.
* Each college can send maximum 3 teams.
* Colleges must issue a letter on their letterheads stating the name of team, team members.
* The letter issued by the college should bear the name of college/institute along with signature of director/dean.
* The team name must be unique, not containing the name of institute.
1. Visit sih.gov.in
2. Create login ID for your team
3. Fill all the required fields
4. Click submit.
Technology and Technology enabled and driven enterprises can go a long way in being to create new industries, products, services and most importantly new roles. Transformation through technology can derive jobs.
Tie your seat belts and prepare for the next year, if you have not registered this year. Be the Innovation. Be the Idea. Be the change.